Move Outlook emails to a Microsoft Teams channel
Today's modern workplace is anywhere with an internet connection and on any device. There are many applications and tools to choose from to enable you to connect with your team or with external collaborators, that can be located anywhere globally or in any time zone.
Email has traditionally enabled us to communicate with both our immediate teams and external parties, it's such a common method of correspondence that globally we send and receive a reported 269 billion emails a day, and that volume is only expected to grow. With numbers like this, we need to look at different ways to be more efficient with our time and how we can speak to different audiences more effectively.
Many communication apps and tools are designed specifically for the audience you are trying to connect with. For example, email is an excellent tool to share information with external collaborators or suppliers, also known as your outer-loop, but Microsoft Teams is more useful for having conversations with your internal team you work closely with or your inner-loop. The reality is we need to work in both environments to do our jobs efficiently, we need to be able to move a conversation from email to Microsoft Teams, quickly and simply.
The OnePlaceMail App was developed to meet this need. Minimizing context change, from the Microsoft Outlook app users can save an email directly to a SharePoint location or any Microsoft Teams channel that they have access to. Not only can they quickly share information, the OnePlaceMail App has the option to notify your team and add any additional comments to enable effective communication.
Watch this short video to see how this works in practice:
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.