[R8.6 launch] Seamless, end-to-end document lifecycle management from one place
OnePlace Solutions has launched its highly anticipated Release 8.6 (R8.6) to further simplify the connection with Microsoft 365 platform solutions and deliver secure, seamless document management. This release delivers more streamlined processes for Microsoft Teams and SharePoint users for full end-to-end document lifecycle management.
Business users can now create new documents—either new or from existing library or content type templates—directly from OnePlaceDocs Explorer and save these into OneDrive, Teams, or SharePoint. This delivers greater flexibility for end-users creating new documents that can then be easily saved, moved, and/or copied to relevant Teams and SharePoint locations when needed.
Simple, productive, seamless document management
R8.6 completes the picture for document creation and end-to-end lifecycle management for Microsoft 365 users. The solution delivers a greater level of flexibility for users when creating new documents and empowers them to seamlessly create a new document in OneDrive from within OnePlaceDocs Explorer without needing to switch to SharePoint.
Users can simply select “new” from within OnePlaceDocs Explorer and select from all available templates or content types to create a new document. The document can then be saved, moved, or copied into relevant Teams or SharePoint locations when needed.
Ultimately, R8.6 delivers a seamless, simplified, and productive document lifecycle for users in one place with OnePlace Solutions.
Enhanced document security
In addition to letting users seamlessly create, move, and copy documents into different Teams and SharePoint locations, R8.6 also delivers additional security for document management. Integrating with OnePlaceMail, lets users seamlessly insert documents as a link for an easier user experience. And, users can now manage permissions for links within the email itself, without needing to first set and adjust permissions directly in SharePoint. This ensures users can share links and information with appropriate access permissions in one simple step and from one location.
This feature lets users restrict the capability for others to forward documents or links to users without the relevant permissions. This delivers a greater level of document control to users than they would have by sharing attachments and lets users cut off access to the source location with ease whenever its required.
R8.6 delivers full customization of what recipients can and can’t do with the documentation in that location based on their access permissions. From a governance perspective, this feature surfaces existing Microsoft functionality for a seamless experience by tapping into the default behavior of Microsoft 365, based on the organization’s existing policies.
To see the full list of enhancements and bug fixes included in R8.6, visit What's New.
R8.6 will help businesses users to better engage with Microsoft 365 solutions and collaborate more effectively across the modern workplace. If you have questions, would like to know more, or would like a personalized demonstration, please contact us.
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.