How innovative technology can deliver better records compliance
Data has long been considered the equivalent of gold or oil in terms of its intrinsic value to businesses. As the rate at which the volume of data created, consumed, and stored continues to increase—with global data creation forecast to grow to more than 180 zettabytes by 2025¹ —data management will be of greater importance.
For many organizations, this means there will be an increased role for data governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) in the modern workplace. As businesses further support remote and hybrid working practices, it is crucial for companies to establish strict policies for records compliance to ensure that information isn’t left unmanaged on desktops or inboxes and is captured and properly organized.
To support these policies, organizations must invest in technology and processes to enable data-driven decision-making while also protecting against potential data breaches and complying with relevant regulations.
The role of technology in GRC
With the ability to automate complex processes, provide centralized storage, and ensure secure access controls, new and emerging technologies offer companies convenient and efficient ways to manage their records.
Adopting technology can enhance records compliance by:
- streamlining record-keeping through automation
- facilitating quick and efficient record retrieval through centralized storage
- enabling a transparent history of record modifications through audit trails
- proactively ensuring compliance with industry regulations through monitoring
- providing enhanced security for confidential records through robust access controls.
OnePlace Solutions is committed to providing real-value business solutions for its customers, including prioritizing GRC and empowering organizations to drive greater records compliance by providing a simplified and consistent way for teams to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365.
How OnePlace Solutions empowers organizations to maintain GRC with innovative solutions
OnePlace Solutions helps businesses succeed in the modern, digital workplace by connecting people and processes with technology. It offers applications, including OnePlaceLive, OnePlaceMail, and OnePlaceDocs, to streamline the use of the Microsoft 365 platform.
OnePlace Solutions’ suite of products enables employees to successfully engage with business systems in a consistent manner, ensuring greater GRC regardless of the system design on Microsoft 365. Business systems are personalized to the individual and their job function, and delivered within familiar front office applications such as Microsoft Office and Outlook. This increases confidence in employees’ use of systems and enables real-time classification of data for more accurate record-keeping.
The five pillars of business system engagement:
- Capture: seamlessly capture true and accurate records to Microsoft 365 within familiar applications.
- Classify: save and classify documents with rich metadata in a single process.
- Access: access and manage document metadata in bulk.
- Action: automate key employee compliance workflows and processes, including metadata capture.
- Create: encourage consistent content creation and faster decision-making
Effective GRC practices can foster collaboration and secure information sharing in hybrid work environments, leading to better outcomes and improved efficiency. With the OnePlace Solutions suite, organizations benefit from streamlined employee induction and ongoing engagement with business systems for better GRC. At the same time, employees benefit from improved productivity and simplicity in performing daily tasks.
GRC affects the entire organization from top to bottom, which means technology needs to work across the business to ensure records compliance is built into every department. While many companies already leverage OnePlace Solutions to enable better GRC for contract management, legal matter management, and tax compliance, organizations can achieve optimal GRC outcomes by adopting OnePlace Solutions across the entire enterprise. By placing GRC at the core of people, process, and technology, businesses can respond to regulatory requirements more effectively and efficiently, reducing the risk of non-compliance and financial penalties.
OnePlace Solutions delivers consistent experiences for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365, so organizations, regardless of size, ensure GRC is built in from a base level. This empowers end-users with the personalization that lets them work how they prefer in the Microsoft 365 platform and applications of their choice while prioritizing GRC.
For more information on how to improve GRC within your business with the support of smart technologies, contact OnePlace Solutions.
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.