KB0133 - Support for OnePlaceDocs in Adobe Acrobat and Reader
OnePlace Solutions provides enhanced connectivity to SharePoint via OnePlaceDocs. This is installed as a plugin on supported versions of Adobe Acrobat or Reader (32bit)
Issue: When attempting to save to SharePoint, the user receives an "Unimplemented or Obsolete function was called".
This issue has been identified in Adobe Reader 11.
Resolution: Upgrade to Adobe Reader DC.
Issue: OnePlaceDocs does not load in Adobe:
If the plugin does not load, check to see if the following files exist:
- c:\program files (x86)\<Adobe Acrobat/Reader Directory>\plug-ins\OnePlaceDocsAdobePlugin.api
- c:\program files (x86)\<Adobe Acrobat/Reader Directory>\plug-ins\pi_brokers\OnePlaceDocsAdobePlugin.exe
Resolution: uninstall and reinstall OnePlaceDocs.
Issue: OnePlaceDocs appears in the Adobe Menu, but there is no option to save:
If the plugin does not load its functionality, check for a OnePlaceDocs Menu; it will only have a single menu option labelled Why can't I save a copy to SharePoint? Clicking on the menu item will give a specific error message:
- The OnePlaceDocs Plugin cannot load. Update Adobe to a supported version (V11.0.01 or above)
- The OnePlaceDocs Plugin cannot load. Update Adobe to a supported version (V10.1.7 or above)
- The OnePlaceDocs Plugin cannot load. Upgrade the Adobe installation to a supported version
- The OnePlaceDocs Adobe Plugin failed to run the broker in Protected Mode
- The OnePlaceDocs Adobe Plugin cannot load with Protected Mode enabled. Either disable Protected Mode via Edit > Preferences > General and restart Adobe Reader, or Upgrade to Adobe Reader XI