R8.5 Launch - Connect with Microsoft Teams from where you work
Watch the webinar
Simplify the employee experience when engaging with solutions on Microsoft 365.
The new OnePlace Solutions Release 8.5 (R8.5) has simplified the connection and engagement with solutions delivered on the Microsoft 365 platform. This release delivers Microsoft Teams locations and channels alongside existing SharePoint and OneDrive for business locations to complete the Microsoft 365 picture.
Business users can now engage with solutions delivered on Microsoft 365 from their familiar applications where they’re most productive, and without the need to switch applications. R8.5 also sees the unification of the OnePlace Solutions desktop suite and OnePlaceMail App (SaaS solution) for simplified license management and shared experiences while engaging with Microsoft 365.
In a modern workplace, employees are no longer tethered to an office, and users are increasingly engaging in more flexible hybrid work practices. While the move to the cloud has been essential in facilitating this shift, leveraging the OnePlace Solutions suite of products drives the success of a flexible workplace and optimizes the employee experience while engaging with solutions on the Microsoft 365 platform.
With R8.5, users have personalized access to business solutions delivered on the Microsoft 365 platform. This is making employees more productive and engaged, improving employee satisfaction in a flexible work environment.
Helping teams work smarter
R8.5 delivers Microsoft Teams sites and channels (including private channels) to where you work. This simplifies the capture, classification, and access to content in Teams sites from application such as Microsoft Outlook, Office, Adobe and Windows Explorer.
Regardless of the size or complexity of your Microsoft 365 environment, R8.5 now brings together all your Teams sites and channels, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint locations for a simple yet powerful Microsoft 365 experience.
The launch of R8.5 improves the experience for business users, letting them engage more successfully with the Microsoft 365 suite and with their colleagues. Irrespective of where users prefer to work on documents as individuals, R8.5 lets colleagues collaborate more effectively in one place. The release lets users easily move and copy documents between OneDrive for business, SharePoint, and Teams, making the document management and collaboration journey even simpler.
Unification of licensing
R8.5 delivers a no-touch configuration deployment that lets users connect using their Microsoft 365 credentials and be immediately productive.
The launch of R8.5 also simplifies enterprise licensing for the essential, business, and premium plans. User licenses can now be automatically assigned and managed based on the company’s domain, streamlining deployment and ongoing license management.
Features that deliver greater collaboration and productivity
- Move and copy files: R8.5 lets users easily move and copy files from OneDrive for business to SharePoint or Microsoft Teams locations, supporting best practice document creation, management, and collaboration. In R8.5, it’s easier than ever to move or copy documents to a new location with the click of a button. This makes it super simple for users that prefer to work on documents individually before sharing with their colleagues.
- Easy navigation: R8.5 delivers the complete Microsoft 365 picture, bringing together Microsoft Teams locations, Teams channel, SharePoint, and OneDrive for business in an intuitive and personalized way.
Regardless of the size and complexity of your Microsoft 365 environment, OnePlace Solutions simplifies the experience of delivering Microsoft 365 locations to where you work, reducing context switching and allowing for greater productivity and engagement of Microsoft 365 from a familiar application such as Outlook and Office.
- Insert content links: R8.5 lets you access and insert content links from Microsoft 365 Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business into Microsoft Word. This extends on the previous capability of support for inserting content within meeting invitations and when creating emails. Delivering access to Microsoft 365 content within the normal workflow of a user creating content improves productivity, collaboration, and engagement with the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Simple rollout: R8.5 offers a no-touch configuration rollout with little to no administration required to engage users. Users can use their existing Microsoft 365 credentials and will already have Teams channels and teams set up and ready to use based on their previous interactions.
To see the full list of enhancements and bug fixes included in R8.5, visit What's New.
R8.5 will help businesses users to better engage with Microsoft 365 solutions and collaborate more effectively across the modern workplace. If you have questions, would like to know more, or would like a personalized demonstration, please contact us.
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.