Greater collaboration with Microsoft Teams and legal matter management
This is the latest article in a series discussing what is possible to achieve by using the Microsoft 365 platform for legal matter management in conjunction with the OnePlace Solutions products. Over the coming weeks the following articles will be published, revisit the blog:
- Top seven benefits of Microsoft 365 for legal matter management
- Greater collaboration with Microsoft Teams and legal matter management
- Seamlessly integrate legal matter management with Outlook
- Legal matters information and records compliance
- Provisioning Microsoft 365 legal matters
- Personalizing legal matter management in Microsoft 365 for greater productivity
A modern legal matter management solution for a law firm or corporate legal department needs to be intuitive and delivered in a personalized manner to where lawyers, paralegals, and other team members perform their work. As discussed in our previous article on the Top seven benefits of Microsoft 365 for legal matter management, organizations can use their existing Microsoft 365 platform to deliver a personalized modern legal matter management system.
By leveraging Microsoft 365 Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business as part of a legal matter solution, organizations can achieve greater governance and records compliance in a consistent, organization-wide manner, while also enabling greater collaboration among their employees.
Depending on their business requirements, a law firm or corporate legal department may provision a Teams site per legal matter. This ensures all artefacts associated with the legal matter are brought together in one central location, including a SharePoint site collection for document and correspondence management. When implementing a solution, some specifications for Teams may need to be considered, such as how many Teams sites a user can be a member of at one time.
There are four ways you can benefit from leveraging Teams in your modern legal matter management solution:
- Deeper conversations among employees
- Multiple types of data can be stored in a centralized location
- Reduced version control
- Delivery of the business solution to where you work
With the capacity to shift a conversation from Microsoft Outlook to Microsoft Teams chat, employees can collaborate more effectively, letting them make better decisions faster, resulting in fewer emails.
Emails, attachments, and documents can be saved in a secure SharePoint or Teams location with content shared in the Teams channel via a link. Having all documents, emails, and related conversation in one place, accessible from all your familiar applications, simplifies legal matter management, driving greater productivity and, ultimately, better customer service.
Saving documents to SharePoint and Teams allows for real-time collaboration on a single copy of a document, avoiding duplicate copies of documents, version control issues, and the risk of not being confident in finding the latest information when required. It also means emails and other documents are not locked away in personal inboxes where the wider team can’t access them. The result is more transparency around documents, with less risk that an employee will work on or use the wrong version of a document.
Access to legal matters from where you work is critical to the success of the legal matter management solution. By connecting Microsoft Outlook to legal matters in Microsoft 365, there is no need to switch from one application or system to another, improving productivity and allowing legal personnel to remain focused on the task being performed.
Microsoft 365 is a powerful platform, delivering enterprise-wide consistency for better collaboration, information management, and governance; however, it is not an out-of-the-box, dedicated legal matter management solution.
For most law firms and corporate legal departments, the key barrier to using Microsoft 365 as a legal matter management platform is simply a lack of inherent know-how. This blog series will provide information and guidance on how to use Microsoft 365 for modern legal matter management to deliver workflow efficiencies, cost savings, and greater productivity.
OnePlace Solutions enables people in business to do more simply. To learn more about how OnePlace Solutions can help your law firm or legal department work more effectively without investing in expensive bespoke solutions, or help your organization leverage Microsoft 365 as a platform for legal matter management contact the team today.
Interested in this series?
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.