Seamlessly integrate legal matter management with Outlook
This is the latest article in a series discussing what is possible to achieve by using the Microsoft 365 platform for legal matter management in conjunction with the OnePlace Solutions products. Over the coming weeks the following articles will be published, revisit the blog:
- Top seven benefits of Microsoft 365 for legal matter management
- Greater collaboration with Microsoft Teams and legal matter management
- Seamlessly integrate legal matter management with Outlook
- Legal matters information and records compliance
- Provisioning Microsoft 365 legal matters
- Personalizing legal matter management in Microsoft 365 for greater productivity
Microsoft Outlook remains the tool of choice for most lawyers, paralegals, and other team members within law firms and corporate legal departments when managing the flow of documents and information throughout a legal matter. Rather than implementing an expensive bespoke legal matter management tool, business leaders are more often considering leveraging Microsoft 365 for their legal matter management. Doing this can avoid forcing users to operate with a potentially complex, dedicated system.
Integrating Outlook and the organization’s legal matter management systems helps employees be productive and efficient. By bringing the legal matter management solution to where employees work inside Outlook, they can easily capture, classify, and access content.
Workers can also remain productive by getting everything done within their most familiar applications. This is especially important for law firms and corporate legal departments looking to provide the best employee experience possible, particularly as happy and engaged employees are arguably more productive.
Reduce compliance and records management risk
With OnePlaceMail, organizations can capitalize on the investment made in Microsoft 365 SharePoint and Office 365. Users can save emails to SharePoint using a seamless, intuitive, and familiar filing experience while capturing valuable email attributes otherwise trapped in Outlook for a complete and accurate record of the email message. Emails saved to SharePoint are highlighted within both the individual’s and the team’s inbox, indicating they have been successfully transferred. This saves time by improving the visibility of emails saved and removing duplication. Users can also easily insert links or attachments from Microsoft 365 into emails without leaving Outlook.
Search and discover
Fast access to documents saved in Microsoft 365 is critical. With OnePlaceDocs, users can search for content without leaving Outlook, including searching for documents related a specific client or matter. Individuals can also open documents and compare different versions within Outlook without changing applications, delivering a more productive, user-friendly experience.
Personalize matter management
OnePlaceLive personalizes the legal matter management systems to the individual and their job function. This removes unnecessary noise and complexity in navigating legal matters, meaning only relevant matters are presented within Outlook and Office to help simplify access and drive greater productivity.
Microsoft 365 is a powerful platform, delivering enterprise-wide consistency for better collaboration, information management, and governance; however, it is not an out-of-the-box, dedicated legal matter management solution.
For most law firms and corporate legal departments, the key barrier to using Microsoft 365 as a legal matter management platform is simply a lack of inherent know-how. This blog series will provide information and guidance on how to use Microsoft 365 for modern legal matter management to deliver workflow efficiencies, cost savings, and greater productivity.
OnePlace Solutions enables people in business to do more simply. To learn more about how OnePlace Solutions can help your law firm or legal department work more effectively without investing in expensive bespoke solutions, or help your organization leverage Microsoft 365 as a platform for legal matter management contact the team today.
Latest news & blogs
Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23 took place last week, and we were there, thrilled to be part of it!
This event delivers the opportunity to learn the most up-to-date practices, advice, and techniques from the finest Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Teams, Power Platform, and Azure experts globally, including Microsoft Product team members and independent community leaders, including Regional Directors (RDs), MVPs, and Microsoft Certified Masters (MCMs). Because of this, an extraordinary community of like-minded people converge!
Thank you to everyone who visited our booth during the event or the demo in the community area – it was great to meet old and new faces alike, and hear your feedback and ideas – it shapes our future, so stay tuned for what's to come! If you would like to continue the conversation, please contact us.
Here are key takeaways from ESPC23:
Microsoft 365 Co-Pilot – The Next Big Thing!
- Co-Pilot emerged as a game-changer, but success hinges on quality data input
- Ensure data is centrally stored and easily accessible to maximize Co-Pilot's capabilities
- Data cleanliness is paramount – you get out what you put in! Prioritize accurate data for Co-Pilot effectiveness
- Eliminate outdated or conflicting data to prevent confusion and enhance Co-Pilot's decision-making prowess
SharePoint Embedded Public Preview - Now Available
- Explore a revolutionary way to build custom content apps for enterprises and ISVs with SharePoint Embedded, now available for public preview.
- Learn more about this exciting development announced at ESPC23.
The New Microsoft Teams Client: Performance, Rollout, and Feature Parity
- Since Microsoft announced the general availability of the new rebuilt Teams client in October, ESPC23 delved into discussions about performance enhancements, technical rollout, change management, and achieving feature parity with Teams classic.
- Discover the ins and outs of the new Microsoft Teams client Introducing the new Microsoft Teams client – Teams | Microsoft Learn
In-Person Conferences: The Power of Connection and Networking
- Despite the digital era, in-person conferences remain an invaluable way to connect and network.
- A Microsoft MVP captured the sentiment: "This is the only time I see people in person; I'm now 100% remote. I feel like this is my chance to come to the office and talk with my fellow speakers."
To learn more and explore how we provide a streamlined and consistent approach way for people to engage with business systems built on Microsoft 365 for better information management and governance, contact us for a personalized demo.
Join us at the top European Microsoft Conference, ESPC23 - where an extraordinary community converges to explore the latest innovations and trends in the realm of Microsoft technologies
Join us for Europe’s top Microsoft technologies conference, ESPC23, 27th – 30th November 2023, in Amsterdam.
At ESPC, you will hear the latest expertise on Copilot, Microsoft Teams, AI, Azure, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Graph, Microsoft Power Platform, Governance, CoE, SharePoint, Migrations, PowerShell.